Thursday, May 20

J'aime Paris

Hi everyone!

Today was our free day, where we were going to see all the monuments and sights. Unfortunately, Jan has been feeling ill, and today got the best of her. We luckily were able to tour the Eiffel Tower today (I absolutely loved it!), but after lunch, we headed back to the hotel. That's where we remained for the rest of the day. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow so we can accomplish more!

Coincidentally, CNN is the only English channel we get in the hotel, so I've been keeping up on what's going onin the US and the rest of the world. A big topic is, of course, the BP oil spill. Another story that is interesting right now is the paintings stolen from the Paris museum. Some people are valuing them at 116 million, and some value them at as much as 600 million!

In other non-journalism related news, for lunch, I tried escargot at lunch. I do not recommend it. Since Jan wasn't feeling well enough for dinner, I opted for some snacks instead of eating dinner alone, so I'm ready for breakfast!

Tomorrow is the first day of the UNESCO conference, so I'm not sure what to expect. All I know is that I should dress well. Hopefully the French are impressed with us becuase so far, we've had mixed experiences.

Au revoir
*Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment